Maintaining a balanced and healthy diet and enjoying snacks is possible as long as you opt for healthy snacks. This alternative will help you end hunger between meals, but in a much healthier way than if you go for processed or ultra-processed foods.
If you want to enjoy a snack but not be tempted to consume products with too many calories, pay attention to the following proposals from OneHOWTO. This time we explain how to make healthy snacks quickly and easily, so that you always have these delicious and healthy options at hand. Take note and… Let’s cook!
One of the healthy snacks for children that will leave them indifferent is the spicy crunchy chickpeas. It is a perfect appetizer or an ideal topping for your dishes and salads, as well as being healthy and low in calories.
- Cooked chickpeas.
- Two teaspoons of olive oil.
- The species that you like the most: hot paprika, garlic or onion powder, cumin, sweet paprika, black pepper…
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC .
- In a bowl , mix the chickpeas with the spices you want to add and the two teaspoons of oil.
- When all the ingredients have been mixed correctly, spread the chickpeas on a baking tray , previously lined with baking paper. Avoid that the chickpeas are piled up, try to keep them as loose as possible.
- Finally, bake them for about 30 minutes , approximately.
Ready! You now have your toasted and crispy chickpeas ready to enjoy. Remember that you can serve it as a healthy snack or appetizer, or even add it to your pasta dishes, salads or as a topping in vegetable creams.
Oatmeal and carrot pancakes
Although this healthy snack has a little more preparation than others, it is a simple, delicious and satiating snack, with which you can eat between meals in a healthy way. Its preparation has 4 ingredients that you must mix to obtain the dough and that you can have previously prepared and even keep it in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Oatmeal or oatmeal.
- Skimmed milk or vegetable drink.
- Crush all the ingredients in the blender: about 40 grams of ground oat flakes or oatmeal, along with a carrot cut into pieces, an egg and skimmed milk or vegetable drink. Beat everything until smooth but slightly thick, with a consistency similar to that of yogurt.
- Once you have the mixture, grease a pan and pour a little mixture over it.
- Cover the pan and let the pancake brown on both sides .
Ready! You already have your oatmeal and carrot pancakes ready to enjoy. You can take them alone or even combine them with natural jams, with fresh fruit, make their salty version with a little cooked ham or turkey, or their sweeter version with sprinkled cinnamon. You’ll love it!
Carrot and Zucchini Chips
What can you eat as a snack that is not fattening? If you can’t resist the taste and texture of the chips, we offer you a much healthier option with which you can enjoy this appetizer at any time. To prepare this healthy snack you only have to choose the vegetables you want, in this case we will do it with carrot and zucchini.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Peel the vegetables and cut them into very thin slices .
- If you wish, spice them with oregano, white pepper, black pepper and salt, to enhance their flavor.
- Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to the mixture.
- Place the vegetable slices on a baking tray previously lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 110-115ºC , making sure they don’t burn.
Ready! You now have your zucchini and carrot chips ready for your appetizer. You will love them!
Pea hummus with carrot sticks
If we talk about hummus, surely you think of the traditional one, the one with chickpeas, right? Well, we want to give you another of the best options for quick and easy healthy snacks. We are talking about pea hummus, a simple option to prepare that will not leave you indifferent.
- Green peas.
- One garlic clove.
- Cumin powder.
- Vegetable calf or vegetable drink.
- Crush the peas , with a small can will suffice.
- Add half a clove of garlic, cumin powder and a dash of vegetable broth or vegetable drink.
- Beat the ingredients until they are mixed properly and the texture is homogeneous and thick.
- Accompany this hummus with some carrot sticks and that’s it.
A healthy snack for children and adults that you can enjoy at any time to recharge your batteries.
Rich in fiber and antioxidants, this is how the apple is defined, a very beneficial food for health. If you want to consume it in a more original and tasty way, you can use it as the basis of this healthy snack: apple chips.
- Lower leg.
- Slice the apple with the help of a mandolin or cut it with a knife. Ideally, the result should be as fine as possible.
- Place the sheets on an oven tray separated from each other, remember to prepare the oven tray previously covered with baking paper.
- Next, sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the apple.
- Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for a couple of hours at 110ºC . (After the first hour has passed you will have to go around the block).
Ready! As soon as you take the dried apple chips out of the oven, you can add the final touch by sprinkling cinnamon on top again. Enjoy them!
What can you eat as a snack that is not fattening? Pineapple is one of the lowest calorie fruits, with just 55 kcal per 100%. On the other hand, 90% of it is water, so it is a natural diuretic and is very purifying, as well as delicious.
For all these reasons, grilled pineapple can become one of your favorite healthy snack recipes to take away, whether you eat it fresh or if you opt for this simple recipe.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut the pineapple into wedges or slices.
- Place the pineapple in the pan , previously greased with a teaspoon of oil. The iron must be very hot to achieve the desired effect.
- Remove the pineapple when it is golden on both sides , you can serve it.
You can take it hot or let it cool well at room temperature, or in the fridge. If you want to add sweetness you can sprinkle it with lemon juice and stevia. A delicious proposal, super healthy and ready in just a couple of minutes.
baked sweet potato
If you cannot resist the French fries or the famous bravas, here you will find a much healthier alternative: the baked sweet potato. This tuber has many properties and is one of the healthy snack options for children equivalent to potatoes, so incorporating it into your diet will be a perfect idea to take care of your diet and consume fewer calories , without giving up snacking.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- The spices that you like the most: garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, oregano…
- Clean and peel the sweet potato .
- Then cut it into sticks .
- Next, add a splash of olive oil, the spices that you like the most and a touch of salt.
- Now, place the seasoned sticks on a rack or a baking tray , previously lined with baking paper. It is important that you place them one by one and that they are not stacked on top of each other, so that they all cook properly.
- Put the sweet potato sticks in the oven, preheated to 200ºC.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200ºC or until you notice that they have started to brown.
Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and they are ready to serve. You can enjoy them alone or accompany them with the sauce that you like the most. Bon Apetit!
baked tofu chips
Crispy, tasty and suitable for vegans, this is how tofu chips are, one of the healthy snacks to lose weight that will allow you to snack between meals without falling into ultra-processed foods that are harmful to your health. You can prepare them both in the oven and in the microwave and without the need to add oil. Result? A light snack, high in protein and with which you can obtain all the benefits of tofu.
- The spices that you like the most: oregano, rosemary, sweet paprika, garlic powder…
- Wrap the tofu in a cloth for 15 minutes . You can also wrap it in kitchen paper or put a weight on it so that it loses the water.
- As it gets soaked, change the paper.
- After 15 minutes, cut the tofu into thin strips.
- Place the tofu strips on a baking tray previously lined with parchment paper.
- Season them with salt, pepper and the herbs or species that you like the most (oregano, rosemary, sweet paprika, garlic powder…).
- Then, bake at 200ºC for about 25-30 minutes , until crispy.
If you are in a hurry to enjoy this healthy snack for children or adults. You can also do it in the microwave, at maximum power for 5 or 8 minutes. Delicious!
Making homemade granola is quick, easy and very simple. Although it can be used as a healthy snack, granola is a delicious and very healthy way to start the day, and it is ideal for breakfast.
- Brown sugar.
- Ground cinnamon.
- vanilla oil
- Sunflower oil.
- Peel and mix the hazelnuts with the oat flakes, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and raisins.
- Add a pinch of salt .
- In another container, mix 6 tablespoons of honey, with a teaspoon of vanilla oil and 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- Then add it to the main bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients with your fingers so that they are well covered with the mixture of honey, vanilla and oil.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray previously lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 or 6 minutes at 150ºC and at medium height.
- Remove from the oven, stir and reintroduce the tray for a few more minutes until you see that it browns, but be careful not to burn it.
- Remove when the granola has browned and let it cool down.
Ready! You can store it in an airtight container once it has cooled completely and consume it anytime you feel hungry. Delicious snack!
Baked spiced edamame
Edamame is a delicacy that will provide you with a lot of protein and fiber and that you can always have on hand in your freezer. If you want to enjoy one of the most original healthy salty snacks, try preparing crispy and spiced baked edamame.
- Salt and pepper.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- The spices that you like the most: curry, cumin, turmeric, paprika, garlic and onion powder…
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC .
- Place a pot with salted water over medium heat and cook the edamame . In a few minutes they will be ready.
- Then rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking and remove the edamame from the pods.
- Add olive oil to the edamames in a bowl.
- Next, season them with the spices that you like the most (curry, cumin, turmeric, paprika, garlic and onion powder…).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the edamame on a baking tray, previously lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the edamame for 35 to 45 minutes , stirring halfway through so they cook evenly and making sure they don’t burn.
Ready! You can now add this healthy snack to your appetizers or as a snack to calm your hunger between meals. It will help you recover energy and avoid ultra-processed foods that only provide empty calories. Click on the following title if you want to learn How to eat edamame in other ways.
Banana and coconut cookies with sunflower seeds
If you prefer healthy sweet snacks, without additives, without added sugars and without refined flours, try this recipe for banana and coconut cookies with sunflower seeds. In addition to being light, they will provide you with a lot of fiber.
- Ripe banana.
- 50 grams of grated coconut.
- 20 grams of sunflower seeds.
- Mash a ripe banana into a puree.
- Add and mix the grated coconut and sunflower seeds .
- Then, with the help of a spoon, place small amounts of the mixture on a non-stick or previously oiled baking sheet.
- Shape the cookies to make them as thin as possible.
- Next, bake at 150ºC for 50 minutes , turning them halfway through cooking so they cook on both sides.
- Once the cooking is finished, let them cool in the oven with the door half open, so they will finish drying and remain firm and crisp.
A perfect proposal to kill hunger without resorting to more caloric cookies. Bon Apetit! If you want to have another similar healthy snack option, you can the recipe in our article How to make oatmeal, banana and chocolate cookies .
Fresh fruit skewers
Fruit is highly recommended nutritionally and cannot be missing from our homemade diet. Therefore, preparing healthy snacks for children where the protagonist is, is a perfect ideal to incorporate these foods in a different way.
On this occasion, we encourage you to prepare fresh fruit skewers, a perfect alternative for those who hate eating the whole piece of fruit and that you will have ready in a few minutes.
- Select a variety of fruits that you most want : red apple, banana, orange, mango, banana, kiwi, strawberry, pear…
- Then wash the fruits properly and peel those that require it.
- Cut the fruit into slices or cubes, approximately 1 cm thick.
- Place the fruit pieces on the skewer sticks to assemble the skewers. You should intersperse the fruits so that the result is more attractive to the eye and the palate.
Fast and easy. If you want you can also sauce the fresh fruit skewers with liquid yogurt on top. Irresistible and healthy!
Date and almond bonbons
For lovers of sweets, here we bring another healthy, nutritious and low-calorie snack.
- Lower leg.
- Grated coconut or cocoa.
- Remove the pit from the dates and chop them.
- Then place them in a food processor along with the almonds and grind both ingredients .
- When they are finely chopped, add a little cinnamon to give them more flavor.
- Next, form the chocolates with your hands.
- Finally, if you wish, you can pass them through cocoa or grated coconut to finish.
- Put the chocolates in the fridge for an hour before consuming.
This healthy snack or dessert is suitable for vegans, diabetics and celiacs. Quick to prepare and very light. Do you dare to try them?
Who said you can’t enjoy some delicious popcorn and take care of yourself at the same time? Popcorn can be a healthy snack if you prepare it yourself. In addition, they are a source of fiber, aid digestion and are good for keeping cholesterol levels low. You still want more, right?
A small bowl of natural popcorn contains only 30kcal and, in addition to being delicious, they will fill you up for hours.
- Popcorn kernels.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Place a pot over medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil and the popcorn kernels.
- Then, cover the pot and shake it periodically until the popcorn begins to pop.
- Remove the pot from the heat when you hear fewer than 3 poppers pop in a 10-second interval.
- Salt the popcorn to your liking and…Enjoy!
carrot and celery sticks
Another of the easy and quick healthy snacks that provides you with many vitamins when you take it, are carrot and celery sticks. In addition, they will refresh you, increase your defenses, allow you to reduce your cholesterol levels and help you purify your body thanks to the benefits of both foods.
Likewise, its low caloric content makes it a light healthy snack that you can eat as much as you want and will help calm your anxiety about snacking between meals. This snack is the ideal substitute for unhealthy foods and it will not take you more than a couple of minutes to prepare.
- Wash and peel the vegetables .
- Then cut them into batons .
As simple as these two steps to enjoy this healthy snack. Also, if you wish, you can accompany the sticks with blue cheese or lemon sauce, hummus, homemade guacamole , cottage cheese or any other light and natural sauce, to your liking. Test it!
Other healthy snacks
In addition to the proposals that we have made for you, there are many other healthy snacks for children and adults, both salty and sweet, that will help you stave off hunger without succumbing to processed or ultra-processed products. Here are some more suggestions:
- Roasted seaweed.
- vegan cheese.
- Vegetable pate.
- Natural yogurt with fruit.
- Celery with top of cheese and olives.
- Two ingredient cookies.
- Oatmeal and apple cookies.
- Oatmeal bars and nuts .
- Wholemeal crackers with seeds, spelled and rye.
- Cucumber chips.
- Tuna with wholemeal crackers.
- Frozen grapes.
- Muffins de chocolate.
- Dehydrated banana .
- Chocolate granola.
- Hummus chickpea.
- Broccoli chips.