A seafood cream is an excellent option as a starter or first of any meal in which to enjoy an exquisite menu. What’s more, this homemade recipe for seafood cream with cream is perfect for a Christmas dinner or lunch and anytime you want to surprise the most demanding palates.
Do you want to know how to make this quick and easy seafood chowder recipe? Knowing this homemade dish will allow you to prepare it in advance for your celebrations or special days. Another advantage of this cream is that you can combine the seafood you prefer, although good quality prawns and/or prawns are the basic ingredient to achieve a unique flavor and that your seafood cream goes directly to the palate of your guests. Learn how to make seafood soup with cream step by step with this homemade soup recipe that we detail in this OneHOWTO article in an easy and quick way.
2. Once the vegetables are ready, prepare the monkfish by separating the head from the tail. Clean the fish by removing the skins and bones, which you will have to reserve to make an intensely flavored stock (you can also ask the fishmonger to prepare it this way). The fumet will enhance the flavor of the seafood cream and will make this recipe go straight to the palate of your guests.
3. With the clean fish, arrange the shellfish , peeling the heads of the prawns and prawns, store them and reserve the tails on a separate plate as well. This step is very important so that the flavor of the seafood cream is not overshadowed by the texture of a piece from the tails or heads of the prawns and prawns.
4. In a cauldron, put 1 liter of water to heat and introduce the fish , both the heads and the skin, together with those of the shellfish. Let them boil for a few minutes, turn off the heat and preserve both the shellfish and the cooking water. This part of the recipe is very relevant for the seafood cream to have an exquisite flavor.
5. For the next step of our seafood soup recipe, we ask you to pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a deep frying pan and, when it reaches temperature, add the chopped vegetables : the spring onion, the leek, the carrot and the clove of garlic . Give it a few turns and also add the grated tomato without skin, or 2 – 3 tablespoons of crushed tomato from a jar.
6. When the tomato has been integrated with the rest of the ingredients and the sauce is practically done, pour the half glass of brandy or cognac and wait a minute for the alcohol to evaporate. This ingredient will enhance the taste of the seafood cream.
8. Cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes and add a little salt and pepper to your liking. After this time, pour the entire contents of the pan (also the heads of the shellfish) into a blender glass and beat everything at high power to perfectly undo all the ingredients that will give consistency to the cream. In case you want to make the seafood cream recipe in Thermomix, you can use it in this step.
- If you want to intensify the sea flavor of your seafood cream, a good idea is to add as an extra ingredient: crab, crab or small crab. You just have to boil these shellfish together with the prawns and prawns to add their succulent meat, very clean and free of any hard residue.
- Monkfish goes very well to give texture and aroma to seafood cream, but you can also choose other fish. The rock ones, like the scorpion fish, are great, but you will have to remove all the thorns very well.