Resting well is one of the main factors of a person’s well-being. Sleeping the necessary hours and, above all, having quality sleep is essential to perform throughout the day. The bed in which you sleep is important that it is comfortable enough for your body and that it is well prepared to rest, both at night and at any time of the day.
For all these reasons, it is essential to have the bed ready to sleep well. In this sense, there are several tricks to make a bed correctly, feeling an indescribable pleasure when lying on it after a stressful day. To discover how to make the perfect bed and the best tips to prepare it, at OneHOWTO we recommend that you continue reading this article.
Suitable sheet set
Having several sets of sheets is recommended to change them from time to time and keep them perfectly clean. The sheets can be made of various fabrics: Egyptian cotton is one of the most luxurious and is commonly found on the beds of the most important hotels in the world. To know which sheet fabric is the best compared to others:
- You must pay attention to the composition of the warp (in the number of threads).
- Horizontal threads (number of wefts) are also important.
- The higher the number of threads, the higher the quality of the fabric will be because it will have a more delicate and fine thread.
Take maximum care of the details of the sheets because bedding is decisive for a good night’s sleep. You will notice a comfort and softness that will help you have the best possible hours of sleep.
Betting on a type of mattress is a more important decision than it seems to make a perfect bed. For people who prefer spring system mattresses, there are some with pocket springs. Each element is integrated into a fabric shell, offering individual movement on the bed. In this way, you do not feel the movements of the person who sleeps with you.
However, natural latex mattresses are also recommended for a good rest. They are made with anti-allergic and natural products, dispensing with metallic components. Whatever type of mattress you choose:
- Air it frequently by turning it over and shaking it.
- In this way, you will let it breathe and it will thank you for continuing to provide you with the usual comfort.
Iron the sheets
How to make the perfect bed? It is not about ironing the sheets every day, since it is a practically impossible task to carry out due to the work involved. But if you do it from time to time, you will get the comfort and convenience of any bed in a luxury hotel.
A trick that will help you achieve perfect ironing is to do it with damp sheets . Even so, if you do not have much time to do it or it seems very complicated:
- Choose to moisten the folded creases with a few drops of water so that they disappear by tightening firmly.
- You can also moisten them with a little fragrance to give them a nice scent.
You may see a white bed as something basic and classic, but it is still one of the best methods to have an impeccable bed. And it is that the color white is always synonymous with well-being and pleasure in moments of rest. However, the color of the bedding is a matter of taste.
- It is advisable to provide white in the blanket and cushions , two highly valued accessories in the preparation of a perfect bed.
- The harmony of tones between the sheets, the pillow, the mattress and the rest of the elements of the bed contribute to creating the ideal environment for quality sleep.
How to make the bed like in hotels? The Hospital Corner concept will become one of your favorites when it comes to making a perfect bed. It’s one of the secret factors of hotel beds: the way the sheets are folded at the four corners of the bed.
How to make the corners of the bed? Take note!
- The bottom of the sheet should be at the bottom of the foot area of the bed.
- Choose one of the two corners at the foot of the bed to start making the perfect bed.
- Hold the fabric at one of the corners at a 45-degree angle.
- Tuck the extra fabric along the mattress and let the sheet fall.
- Adjust the edge of the bed to the corner of the mattress.
- Repeat this action at each corner.
Now that you know how to make the bed like in hotels with the Hospital Corner procedure, you will always want to do it. All the excess part of the sheets is perfectly collected under the mattress, allowing everything to be in its place the next day. It will be as if no one has ever slept in that bed!
Open the windows
Although it is obvious and one of the keys to hygiene in any room, we must always remember the importance of leaving the windows open every day for at least 10 minutes. In this way, all the elements that make up the bed can breathe, giving you a very pleasant freshness when you get between the sheets.
For opening the windows to have the desired effect on the bed:
- Separate the different sheets.
- Separate bottom and countertop.
- Separate duvet and bedspread.
- In this way each element will get the fresh air it needs before starting to make the bed.