Each person has different features and shapes on their face and, in many cases, this determines the type of style, haircut or makeup that can suit them best. Surely on more than one occasion you have been encouraged to do a specific type of makeup on your face and eyes, following trends or some famous actress and, seeing the result, you have not seen yourself with the look you intended. This is because there is not only one type of eye, but depending on its shape, there is a specific type of eye and a makeup technique to highlight and beautify it.
Knowing how to put on makeup requires a lot of daily practice and dedication to be able to do it better and better, but above all, the person needs to master their shapes and know what highlights their features the most. For this reason, in this OneHOWTO article we are going to review the types of eyes and how to make them up so that, whatever they are, you always look perfect.
This type of eyes, also called slanted eyes, have the particularity of having a mobile eyelid that is smaller and higher than the rest, giving the sensation of having a small and elongated eye. For this type of shape, the important thing is to give depth and volume to the eye through makeup.
- The first thing you should do is use a light shadow on the arch of the eyebrow to highlight the area and thus enlarge the eye.
- Then, you will distribute a shadow of a medium color on the mobile eyelid , from the tear duct to the eye socket to create a broader eyelid.
- With the darkest shadow in the inner socket, you will mark the part of the bone, enlarging the shape and giving depth.
- Finally, you will draw a fine line with eyeliner , avoiding lengthening the corner to remove the torn effect. If you have difficulty doing this step, click on our post How to line your eyes with liquid eyeliner .
It is a type of eyes that have a greater than normal separation between them. The makeup of this type of eyes is going to focus on concealing this distance, applying the dark areas in the central part instead of in the extremes to shorten the distance of both eyes:
- The first thing you will do is place the shadow of the lighter shade on the arch of the eyebrow to lift the look.
- Next, you will distribute the intermediate tone shadow on the mobile eyelid reaching the tear duct.
- In order to give a sensation of less separated eyes, apply the dark shadow in the area of the upper lashes and touching the crease of the eye; you should apply it in a more central area in this type of eye, instead of rubbing the bone of the socket.
- We will apply a fine line of eyeliner , avoiding the very long corner to avoid feeling of distance.
These types of eyes are the easiest and simplest to make up since they have a symmetry that makes them harmonious with the face. Although there are different ways to make them up, if you are wondering how to make your eyes look almond-shaped and beautiful, one of the ways to enhance the look would be:
- Apply the lightest shade to the arch of the eyebrows and the tear duct , to outline the eye.
- To create depth, you will need to place the middle shadow in the crease of the eye .
- The shadow of a darker color in the socket bone , making the look more intense and highlighted.
- On this occasion, the eyeliner must end in an elongated and ascending corner that gives a torn look. If you have any questions, check out our How to Use Eyeliner article .
- You can finish by also applying mascara to enlarge the eyes.
Deep-set eyes are those in which the eye socket and crease are more marked than desired. To hide it, the makeup will focus on expanding the mobile eyelid and concealing the folds that may form.
- You should outline the eye with the lightest shadow, applying a light tone to the arch of the eyebrow and the mobile eyelid near the tear duct, trying to hide the crease of the eye
- The middle shadow between the eyelid bone and the mobile eyelid in the area near the socket, to create a discreet transition
- Put dark shadow on the outside , try to use it sparingly and blur it towards the outside areas making a lopsided “v” shape.
- You will also apply a fine line of eyeliner and mark the lower water line.
For the types of eyes that look too close together, we will apply a technique contrary to that explained in the case of separated eyes. The intention is to create width in the tear duct to create distance:
- Apply a light shadow on the mobile eyelid that is predominant in the tear area.
- Use the medium shadow in the crease of the eye as a transition of colors.
- Use the dark shadow on the mobile eyelid , specifically, in the upper and lateral areas.
- Apply a line of eyeliner, making sure that a straight corner stands out, which will create a feeling of distance.
- You can also apply the mascara towards the ends , at an angle.
If you need tips on which makeup shades to use, read our How to Match Eyeshadow post .
Within the group of eye types and their characteristics, the droopy eye effect occurs when the mobile eyelid falls and covers the natural shape of the eyes. It usually happens in mature people, but there is a type of makeup that can hide it:
- With an imaginary line, you will divide the eye in two and apply the light shadow on the inner half of the eye and the arch of the eyebrow , marking the tear duct.
- Use a medium shade between the light part of the tear duct and the external area .
- Apply the darkest shadow on the eyelid , covering the entire area of the upper lash line and reaching the upper part of the mobile eyelid.
- Finish by applying eyeliner and ending with an upward corner to elevate the look.
For more specific instructions on how to beautify the look with this type of eyes, see How to do makeup for droopy or sad eyes . Now, if you have another kind of eyes and you liked this post, we recommend that you read How to make up your eyes according to their shape .